Thursday 20 December 2018

Day 1: In the beginning ...

Day 1: In the beginning, Activity 1: The legend of New Zealand

Image result for NZ covered in forests
 Fact 1: 30% of the country is forest.
If you hadn't known New Zealand is one of several other country's around the world that on country of NZ that only 30% of NZ forest's are spread with green leafs and long tall trees to become forest's in NZ.

Image result for no snakes sign
Fact 2: There are no snakes in the country.
If you hadn't known in New Zealand there are hardly any snakes at all, not even one single snake that have caught everyone's eyes. There's not even one that is out in the wildest such as the forest and other.



Image result for Aotearoa


Fact 3: The Maori name of NZ is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.
If you hadn't know NZ was also called Aotearoa in Maori and other Maori words as well. Sense NZ was called Aotearoa NZ wasn't also a Maori country it was always filled with different types of amazing people who came and visited NZ.


Task Description: This post that I have done is apart of the SLJ that stands for ( Summer Learning Journey ). For this weeks task it was about well an activity we had to do was called A Place To Stand. My personal job was to find out 3 different facts about NZ which of course I would have to pick my top 3 choices to write about.


1 comment:

  1. Fakaalofa atu Jasmyne

    My name is Izzy and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. I’m so glad to see that you have signed up and started blogging with us! It’s going to be a really fun summer.

    Thanks for sharing your top three New Zealand facts. How do you think we managed to not have any snakes here? Do you know what may happen if snakes got into New Zealand?

    I personally really like snakes but I’m glad we don’t have theme her. I like to be able to go for a walk in the bush and not risk getting bitten!!

    I can’t wait to read more of your posts.

    Thanks,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete